Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Project 5. Vocodex

Working on this project was fun because we got to play around with a recorded voice and make it sound a lot different than the original.This project wasn't any harder than the rest because the only thing I did different was put in a voice into my loop. working with loops now though is a lot easier and I use the previous things we learned and I know more about where I can change everything in my loop and also change it up so its not as boring. Overall in this piece I used a lot of high hats and also added bass. I used the new riff machine to add bass into my loop, which is a lot easier than guessing what will sound good. I also added things like a kick and snap that repeats throughout the loop too. The voice that I added was German voice reading poetry that now sounds more like an alien, haha. So that pretty much sums up my Project 5.

2 comments:

  1. I can't get this file to play. Can you fix it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, It works now.
    It has a catchy riff, and I like the Geman poetry between the riff statements. the effect is heavy enough to make it sound sinister, but not enough to completely mask the voice.
    I also like the ending.

    ReplyDelete